• 11-6pm – Fragile Kit. Wendy Heldmann.
Art exhibition. Ongoing through August 3. Marine
Contemporary. 1733-A Abbot Kinney Blvd. Free.
• 10-5pm – Place/Non-place: Locality in the Digital
Age. Photography exhibition featuring 28 artist.
Ongoing through August 16. Venice Arts.
1702 Lincoln Blvd. Free.
• 4pm – Stuffed Animal Sleepover. Drop your
animal friend off Monday and pick them up with
pictures! Abbot Kinney Public Library. Free.
Tuesday, July 2
• 8-10pm – Word Salad. Spoken word. The Talking
Stick. No Cover.
• 8-10pm – Not Safe For Work. Comedy Central
& CleftClips stand-up comedy at The Del Monte
Speakeasy. Townhouse. 52 Windward Ave.
Wednesday, July 3
• 8pm – Venice Sign Summer Lighting. The Venice
sign will be changing its color of the bulbs to
proclaim the beginning of summer. Venice birthday
cake and happy birthday sing-a-long at various
Thursday, July 4
• Happy Birthday Venice Beach!!
• 10-2pm – Mr. & Ms. Muscle Beach. Bodybuilding
event. Venice Recreation Center. 1800 Ocean Front
• 5:15pm – Venice Symphony Orchestra 4th of
July Concert. Live music, stay for fireworks and
after party. Edgemar Center for the Arts. 2437 Main
St. Santa Monica. Free, donations are welcome.
• 9pm – Marina del Rey 4th of July Fireworks
Show. Burton W. Chace Park, Fisherman’s Village
and Venice Jetty are popular view spots. Free.
Friday, July 5
• 6pm – First Friday. Food Trucks. Abbot Kinney
• 9pm – High Voltage: The Decisive Instant. A large
ensemble playing compositions for improvers.
Electric Lodge. Free.
Saturday, July 6
• 8pm – Stomach & Ears: Depression Era Poetry.
Poetry ready by Kenneth Fearing and Matt Sedillo.
Beyond Baroque. Free, donations welcomed.
Sunday, July 7
• 9-12pm – Kids Venice Basketball League Natural
Leaders Camp. Basketball lessons for kids 5 and
up. Every Sunday through August 18. Ocean Front
Walk, blue basketball courts. Free.
• 12:30-sunset – The Venice Basketball League.
Outdoor basketball games. Every Sunday through
August 18. Ocean Front Walk, blue basketball
Tuesday, July 9
• 9-11:30am – Theatre Fare. Theatre reading series
for seniors. Pacific Resident Theatre. Free.
Wednesday, July 10
• 4pm – Salsa Dancing Workshop. Learn fun and
easy salsa dance steps. Tweens and teens welcome.
Abbot Kinney Public Library. Free.
• 7-10pm – Suzy Williams. Singer/songwriter, live
music. Danny’s Deli. No cover.
Thursday, July 11
• 7pm – Twilight Concerts: Surfer Blood. Outdoor
concert. Santa Monica Pier. Free.
• 7-9pm – Summer Concerts in the Park. Summer
symphony, “Opera at the Sore.” Marina del Rey,
Burton Chace Park. Free.
• 8pm – I am to Die Soon. A play by Jake Arnette
based on the last days of poet Lord Byron. Ongoing
through July 28. Pacific Resident Theatre.
Suggested $15 donation.
Friday, July 12
• 10-5:30pm – Nick van Woert: Labyrinth.
Art exhibition. Ongoing through August 23. L&M
Gallery. 666 S. Venice Blvd. Free.
Saturday, July 13
• 6-8pm – Summer Magic. Photography exhibition,
opening reception. Ongoing through August 25.
Aran Cravey Gallery. 1638 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Sunday, July 14
• 7:30-11pm – Pretty Gritty plus Peach & Knife. Live
Music. The Talking Stick. No Cover.
Tuesday, July 16
• 6:30-10:30pm – VNC Board Meeting. Always
open to the public. Westminster School. Free.
Wednesday, July 17
• 4pm – Let’s Make Sushi (candy). Make fun and
fruity snacks. Abbot Kinney Public Library. Free.
Thursday, July 18
• 10-6pm – Rogue Wave ’13. Art exhibition
featuring 15 artists from Los Angeles. Ongoing
through Aug 23. L.A. Louver. 45 N. Venice Blvd.
• 7pm – Twilight Concerts: Meshell Ndegeocello.
Outdoor concert. Santa Monica Pier. Free.
Saturday, July 20
• All Day – They Will Skate Again. Life Rolls On
Foundation event will include skateboard clinic
for quadriplegics, paraplegics and amputees; a
professional skate exhibition. Venice Skate Park.
• 7-9pm – Brin Levinson & Optimist.
Art exhibition, opening reception. Ongoing till
August 3. C.A.V.E. Gallery. 1108 Abbot Kinney
• 7-9pm – Summer Concerts in the Park. Billy
Ocean. Marina del Rey, Burton Chace Park. Free.
• 7:30pm – Suzy Williams: The LIT Show.
Performances of songs and literature. Beyond
Sunday, July 21
• 7-10pm – Blues Time with Tom Gramlich &
Mystic Miles. Live music. The Talking Stick. No
Wednesday, July 24
• 4pm – Movies and Munchies. Movie with
snacks and a family-friendly film. Abbot Kinney
Public Library. Free.
Thursday, July 25
• 7pm – Twilight Concerts: No Age. Outdoor
concert. Santa Monica Pier. Free.
• 7-9pm – Summer Concerts in the Park. Classical
Thursdays: American Influences. Marina del
Rey, Burton Chace Park. Free.
Friday, July 26
• 7-10pm – MAETAR. Live Music. World groove
eclectic funk jazz. The Talking Stick. No cover.
Saturday, July 27
• 10-7pm – 5th Annual Summer Fest. A family
friendly event. 200 exhibitors, 60 bands and
many performers. Ocean Front Walk. Free. Also
tomorrow, July 28.
• 6-7pm – Give your Medicine Cabinet a
Makeover. Free class on essential oils. First
participants to arrive get a free wild orange oil.
Electric Lodge. Please RSVP. Free.
Sunday, July 28
• 7:30pm – 7 Dudley Cinema. A screening and
discussion on hippie revolution films. Beyond
Baroque. Free, donations welcomed.
Tuesday, July 30
• 10-7pm – Ansel Adams: Ansel Adams, American
Grandeur: Alan Ross, Nature LA.: Wanda
Boudreaux. Photography exhibition. Ongoing
through September 15. The G2 Gallery. Free.
Wednesday, July 31
• 4pm – Taiko Drumming Performance and
Workshop. Join Tom Kurai as they close this
year’s Summer Reading Club with taiko
performance. Abbot Kinney Public Library. Free.
Saturday, August 3
• Noon-4pm: Seventh Annual BBQ and potluck at
Oakwood Park, 767 California Ave.
You must log in to post a comment.