IT’S UP TO YOU
THE COASTAL COMMISSION CAN STOP
THIS TERRIBLE “VENICE PLACE” PROJECT
ONCE AND FOR ALL
We’ve brought in experts and made the legal case
BUT ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THEM LISTEN
In person, by Zoom or by phone
TELL THEM HELL, NO!!
ATTEND THE MEETING IN PERSON, BY PHONE OR VIRTUALLY:
Plan to join your fellow Venetians in Long Beach. Look the Commissioners in the eyes and say “NO!”
Meeting will be held on Thu, 12/15/22 starting at 9a.m. at:
Long Beach City Hall Council Chambers
411 W. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802
Note: Citizens Preserving Venice will be coordinating transportation by bus or carpool. Please RSVP ASAP if you need transportation: CARPOOL
You must submit a speaker request form by Wed, 12/14/22 at 5p.m. in order to speak (whether in-person or virtually) at the hearing on Thu: SPEAK UP
You may also attend virtually: VIRTUAL. If you are planning to attend by ZOOM, we are coordinating to let people know by text about a 1/2 hour before the hotel item will be heard. Email your mobile number at TEXT. Meeting information is here: MEETING
You can still write an email:
Be sure to include case numbers as the subject of your letter:
OPPOSE: Venice Place Hotel Project; Coastal Case #A-5-VEN-21-0011
Send to: SouthCoast@coastal.ca.gov, Amrita.email@example.com, Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Steve.firstname.lastname@example.org (and Cc: Citizens Preserving Venice: email@example.com)
Or use this prefiled out form: Coastal Commission~We’d like to know that you’ve weighed in – thanks!~
Venice Place Hotel would sacrifice our neighborhood to:
● Construct a luxury hotel, a block-long and 3-stories high, between narrow Electric Ave and Abbot Kinney Boulevard.
● Turn its back on the Oakwood neighborhood with a 30-foot block-long wall facing Electric Ave, cutting it off from Abbot Kinney and downtown Venice, and ignoring the City’s and Coastal Commission’s own Environmental Justice guidelines
● Combine 8 lots, ignoring the rules and setting a precedent for ever-larger development; the only bigger proposed project is the controversial “Venice Median Project”
● Add traffic to your streets and already-congested Main St, Abbot Kinney and Electric Ave and others
● Steal your neighborhood parking, with hotel and restaurant guests parking on your street
● Add noise from morning till night, from traffic, guest entrance and valet stand on Electric Ave, multiple restaurants and rooftop decks, and partiers enjoying alcohol from 7a.m.-1a.m.
● Endanger our children: across the narrow 2-lane street from Westminster Elementary School
● Push Venetians out by turbocharging speculation and gentrification in your neighborhood. This project is one giant step in the “mansionization” of all of Venice – your neighborhood could be next.
● This project will change the face of Venice forever. Demand that our decisions makers at the California Coastal Commission put YOU first – not developers, speculators nor lobbyists!